- All Services
- Contact Us
Picky eating and feeding experts help improve family mealtimes
– Investigating if the concern is sensory or behavioural based
– Assessing the person, environment and task of eating
– Looking at the posture, oral motor skills, fine motor skills
– Progresses children through oral motor milestone or food progression (e.g. from liquid to solid, smooth to mixed textures)
– Skill acquisition: learning how to use utensils (fork, knife, and spoon)and learning how to transition from bottle to a cup
– If your child has a limited diet, an OT can help expand the number and types of food your child will eat
Feeding therapy consists of much more than just “convincing a child to eat.” Therapists must work with families and the child to understand the underlying reason for the feeding difficulty. They then develop custom therapies that help the child reach new eating goals and improve family mealtime.
By about nine to 12 months of age, your baby will show signs that they are ready to feed themselves.
Try our automated tool!
We are leaders in Pediatric Therapy and forerunners in implementing advanced technology in our treatment model. We help each child through an evidence-based, individualized approach.
As of 2021, we are now offering dedicated feeding therapy services.
Jerid has 5 years of feeding experience. He garnered his experience working in Alberta, Yale Pediatrics and Seattle Children’s Hospital. Prior to returning to Canada, Jerid was a part of the Washington State Feeding Group and aided in expanding the Seattle Children’s Hospital Feeding Program. From infants to teenagers, Jerid has experience working with children of all age groups. They also have experience transitioning children from NG and G tube feeding to oral feeding, has extensive knowledge in oral motor milestones, food progression, and picky eaters.