Occupational Therapists at Swift Health Services will communicate with the client’s medical/rehab team at the hospital to ensure a smooth transition from the hospital setting to the home setting. Safety equipment and personal and home care services will be set up prior to client being discharged from the hospital. Hospital Discharge and Home Health Services include:
- Housekeeping and Home Maintenance Retraining: Swift Health occupational therapists will work with clients to improve their ability to complete home maintenance tasks including household cleaning and yardwork. Occupational therapists are experts in providing clients with specialized training techniques to enable them to become more independent in their homes. Caregivers may also be educated on how to facilitate maximal performance and independence which enables individuals to become more successful and ultimately independent in the home.
- Personal Care and Homecare Support: Our occupational therapists will complete comprehensive personal (bathing, dressing) and homecare (cooking, cleaning) assessments to provide clients with care aides to support them during their recovery process.
- Assistive Devices Training: Our occupational therapists will assess for and provide suitable assistive devices to help with clients’ activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Mobility Device Training: Occupational therapist can assist clients’ in training to operate specialized mobility equipment such as scooters and wheelchairs.
- Community Reintegration: Swift Health occupational therapists help individuals resume community roles after a motor vehicle injury. Occupational therapists will provide interventions to improve social skills and community awareness.