RETURN TO WORK AND CASE MANAGEMENT
At Swift Health Services, we offer a range of return to work services to assist individuals experiencing physical, cognitive, and or psychological issues. Return to work services include:
- Work Site and Ergonomic Assessment: Swift Health occupational therapists will provide a comprehensive work site and ergonomic assessments ensuring clients can complete work tasks without the risk of developing or aggravating physical symptoms.
- Gradual Return to Work: Our occupational therapists work with clients, their doctors and employer to develop a modified or graduated resumption of job tasks and work hours.
- Pain Management Program and Education: Occupational therapists will provide clients with practical and hands on strategies (progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing, autogenic training) to further enhance their treatment.
- Case Management: Occupational Therapists at Swift Health will work with clients’ doctor and other health professionals (physiotherapist, chiropractor, registered massage therapist) to ensure communication between health providers. Our occupational therapists will coordinate with ICBC and your lawyer to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP): Occupational therapists at Swift Health are PGAP providers! PGAP was developed to target psychological and risk factors for delayed recovery. PGAP has shown to reduce psychological risk factors and promote successful return to work. To learn more about PGAP visit: https://www.pgapworks.com/en/whatisthepgap/index.php
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCEs): Swift Health provides functional capacity evaluations. An FCE is set of tests, practices and observations that are combined to determine the ability of the evaluated to function in a variety of circumstances, most often employment, in an objective manner. Physicians change diagnoses based on FCEs